An English dialogue in a grocer’s shop.
A customer is buying some food.
– Can I help you?
– Have you got any tea?
– Of course. Do you want some?
– Yes please. Give me two pounds. And a packet of biscuits.
– Do you want some beans?
– No thanks. We’ve got some at home.
– Well, some bread?
– Yes please. Two loaves. Oh, and half a pound of butter. That’s all. How much is that?
– That’s six pounds.
– Oh dear. I’ve only got five pounds.
– You can pay the rest next time.
– Thanks very much. Good-bye.
– Good-bye madam.